Trade Mark Registration Filing Requirements
Requirements (to be sent to resident agent for filing of application);
1. Name address, state of incorporation, class(es) of goods/services;
2. Authorization of agent (no legalization or notarization required);
3. 15 prints (in case of marks in color); three different views for three-dimensional marks;
4. Date of first use in India or whether the mark is intended to be used;
5. Trade description of the application;
6. In case priority is being claimed, a certified copy of the priority document aling with its certified English translation.
Beginning of Protection: Application Date
Duration of first Registration: 10 Years
Duration of Subsequent Renewals: 10 Years
Examination regarding prior rights
Letters of consent accepted by the Office to overcome citations?
Opposition/Cancellation before Trademark Office
Yes/5 years + 3
Multiple class applications allowed?
if so, additional fees as from which class?
size (in cm unless otherwise indicated)
also for word marks?
Service marks registrable ?
Three- dimensional marks registrable?
Registered mark must be used?
Non-use grace period (years)
Nominal use accepted?