Requirements (to be sent to local agent for filing of application);
1. and 2. Application and power of attorney, signed and executed as in the case of "patents"
3. List of goods which should not be at variance with the list of the home registration certificate or a corresponding foreign registration certificate;
4. Copy of home registration certificate or a corresponding certificate from another country along with an authenticated translation thereof, either in Nepalese or in English, duly authenticated as in the case of "patents" (see above);
5. A bank draft covering the required official fee (per mark or label, per international class). Requirements for change of name or address, or assignment;
1. Power of attorney;
2. Original certificate of registration in Nepal for the recordal endorsement to be stamped thereon;
3. Notarized document evidencing the change (or assignment) in the country of origin.
Beginning of Protection: Registration Date
Duration of first Registration: 7 Years
Duration of Subsequent Renewals: 7 Years
Examination regarding prior rights
Letters of consent
accepted by the
Office to overcome citations?
before Trademark Office
Multiple class applications allowed?
if so, additional fees
as from which class?
size (in cm unless otherwise indicated)
also for word marks?
Service marks registrable?
Three- dimensional marks registrable?
Registered mark must be used?
Non-use grace period (years)
Nominal use accepted?